Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently my computer has had some issues, and I wondered if there was anything I could do to resolves them. The problems are...

- Windows Media Player seems to be a really big CPU hog! Just watching a video makes the memory usage shoot past 100,000k! Should I just use a lighter weight media player?

- Three times, I have closed Windows Media Player to find that my desktop has been replaced by the "Restore Active Desktop" screen! What the heck? I didn't even do anything!

- I was surfing the net and playing music ( in Windows Media Player of course ) and the music would not stop skipping! It wasn't a CD either!

Wow, so I only just realized that all my problems seem to be with WMP! Any help you could give would be very much appreciated. Also, I would like to know how to keep a cleaner PC ( as in, running efficiently and correctly ).

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, I have ( yet another ) question. Sometimes when I open up My Documents, My Music or other folders, Explorer ( the running process ) encounters errors. This doesn't happen all the time, but it gets pretty irritating. I also notice alot of lockups while I'm working, and I am forced to restart. Are there any free programs that fix common computer problems?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.