Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello and thanks for any help/comments you can share.

My pc stats should be in my signature, for further info my heatsink is ZALMAN cnps7000a, well my pc used to run 34-40 degrees celcius but now it runs at 40-42 degrees celcius and up in the 50s under heavy load. i have no clue why it would be doing this as i havent changed anything at all. I have noticed that my FAN is spinning at 2500 rpm i dont kno if that is about right or not i am using PCAlert 4 to monitor this so perhaps it is just the software ? does anyone else have a program to measure temps? alright i hope someone can shed some light on this issue i just want my pc running smoothly again .... thanks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it has been warmer lately where i live. i recently cleaned my whole case with air so there shouldnt be too much dust. also as an extra question how often should u apply thermal paste? ...and that program u recommended replay is nice i like it much better than what i had.

·
Registered
17,584 Posts
Exactly...

Remember that if the room temp is 20°C and the PC is 40°C, when the room is 25°C then the PC should be about 45°C.

The starting point is the air surrounding the PC, any CPU heat is added to that.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
is 45-55 degrees celcius too hot for my pc? my case temp is only 40/41

·
Registered
17,584 Posts
The maximum rated temperature for the CPU is 70°C, at which point it will crash.

Also be aware that the reported temperature will only be in about a +/- 10°C accuracy range, take it as a guide only.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.