Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Word appears to freeze my PC if an Autosave runs or often with a Save. I am running XP Pro, Office 2007, saving in Word 97-2003, 250GB HDD, 2GB RAM, I run the full MICROSOFT Update monthly. This problem is intermittent, but happens just about every day 1+ times. Process Lasso utility appears to show the CPU maxing out (gui in the start up tray). Ctrl+Alt+Del is useless; if I click Task Manager, itwill take me to a bare desktop (wallpaper only), but will not initiate the Task Manager. Alt+tab works, but only for the icon choices; other apps won't open. I have tried waiting for hours, but ultimately, the only option is a hard power down. I have also had this problem in Word 2003. Thanks:confused:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Forgot to mention I am running corporate McAfee and Symantec Protection Agent. These both are locked down by our corp InfoSec and cannot be configured by the user.

·
Trusted Advisor
17,572 Posts
Are you saving to a network drive when this happens?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No. Just saving to the internal drive.
NOTE: Since I posted, I changed the setting on a troublesome document that is updated frequently to save in the 2007 .docx format instead of the Word 97-2003 format... just to see if that will help. I have a habit of saving in the 97-2003 format for fear that a user may not have 2007.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.