Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am going to help a friend build a PC and I decided to get help from people here who enjoy picking out computer components.

He's looking to spend £900-£1000 (including delivery if coming from the States) and needs everything up to a monitor, keyboard and mouse.

Also, he's looking for the computer to be able to run Vista when it comes out, and to play a lot of the direct x 10 titles although to be honest, he is not an intense gamer. He also wants it to last him a long time.

Well there you have it. Happy hunting...and thanks, this is grately appreciated.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I suggest he spends more on the ram, video card and motherboard. He can pick up a nice keyboard, monitor, mouse second hand as I have for 20% of the price.

= more money to spend on a better computer.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Well, I'm not that familiar with computer stores in Europe (seeing how I don't live in Europe), however, here are some suggested specs:
2 GB RAM DDR2 800 (or 1000, which is better/faster)
E6600 (with the right motherboard, this Intel Core 2 Duo can overclock easily to 3.4 Ghz. The highest is about 3.9 Ghz on air cooling)
As for the video card, I would say get a midrange card right now, and when DX10 really starts to pick up, get a DX10 card, because honestly, the 8800's are a waste of money right now when no game can even take advantage of their DX10 capability. By then, new DX10 cards will be out that are faster and cheaper.
Hope that helps,
Van

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.