Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure when this started to happen but my monitor has these gray lines that run horizontal and they are really ugly. They aren't equal in size they vary most of them are 1/8 of and inch maybe. Is this a driver problem? I remember getting a new display driver a few months ago but if i remember right i think this problem occured previous to that upgrade.

Windows XP
Pavilion model XL775
Monitor Pavilion m70

·
Registered
186 Posts
First try hitting the #4 button on the monitor, it should bring up a menu, look for Degauss and select. If that doesnt work, or DeGauss is not there, then check your display settings, lower
adapter frequency.
Right click on desktop-->Properties-->Settings,
check for name of adapter, current colors and screen size, the M70 supports up to 1280X1024 @60 Hz, but your video adapter only supports 256K colors at that size.
If all good, click on Advanced-->Monitor and lower the frequency.
Click Apply, it will test the settings, see if lines disappear, if so, say yes.
If lines dont go, then get to control panel-->Add/Remove and find the name associated with your adapter Via Remove the software. Don't restart, need to download drivers, from here

http://downloads.viaarena.com/drivers/4in1/VIA_Hyperion 4IN1_V451v.zip

when it is finished, unzip and install to default directory. Reboot. when restart, say no to new hardware found, and browse to folder where you downloaded drivers. find setup, and run. Say yes....and follow instructions. From there should be fine.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What is that download. its doesn't seem to be the right driver. the lines are still there. how do i get rid of the installation. where did it go?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Yes that was wrong driver, I was going by HP site as to your system specs and they have VT694X as your video. Correct link for yours is

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_56.64

If you installed the driver, you can remove it by either rerunning the .exe and choosing the uninstall option, or by find the reference to VIA drivers in Control Panel-->Add/Remove and choosing uninstall from there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.