Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok lemme explain my situation. First i had my original user as Administrator and i created another account from that and then i logged off to get on that account and then i logged on to that account and went to settings to change the name or change sometihng on the Administrator user and the user wasnt tthere at all. So i turned the computer off and back on and All it showed was the user i had just created and couldnt see the Administrator user. Well i couldnt adjust the other user cause i had it set to like lock the use thing so u couldnt acces information from other accounts and i cant like go to the Administrator user to get files from that user. Well its been a few months later and my friend go tdrunk and changed the password and we couldnt do anthing because he forgot it the next morning. By this time it was a few months later and i had forgotten the pass to the Administrator user. So i used my friends computer to go online and troublw shoot some things and all it said to do was go to the user and click enter and that didnt do anytihng. So i also see it say to go into safe mode and so i do that and hollly crap theres my old user as Administrator and it only shows up in safe mode...:eek: w-0-t-0-f. This made me mad cause i couldnt do netihng and i saw both my users jsut there and i couldnt get on them. Well i was told u could get back ur computer if u had an external drive that was like 100gb plus u could get it back somehow. Well ive had one since i got my computer and i dont know what to do. I also have a really crappy laptop that is on windows 95. I do not want to wipe the drive clean because i have tons on files on there i like and cant be just remade.......What am i going to do. I do not have a recover disk eithe.:( :down: :( :down: r Please help nething will do......Thx:up:

·
Registered
17,584 Posts
Welcome to TSG!

Sorry, but I have tried reading that twice now and given up.

The huge unbroken block of text is just too hard to read and comprehend (hence nobody has replied, I suspect).

Any reason why you could not set it out in a normal structure with sentences and a few breaks between? Avoiding "txt speak" is also useful for getting replies in a more timely manner as well.

·
Registered
11,849 Posts
I want to know what this means, w-0-t-0-f.? I somebody trying to be grown-up or something like that. I tried Googling it and found nothing, outside of this I find the first post a bit tough to read and understand. Sorry.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry. I panicked a little, I was in a hurry, and it was late at night. My computer is a Windows XP Proffesional. When i got my computer it was new and I made my first account as Administrator. When I made a new account and logged off the Administrator all that was left was the account that I had just made. I was like what the frick (when i said w-0-f-0-t i ment that as what the f***). My other user was gone and I didnt now what happened. So for a few months I acted like nothing happened and just started over. I ran safemode once and my other user showed up so i had Administrator and my other user. On my other user i had previously encrypted all the file so I couldnt access any of those files from another account. One night my friend came over and he was kinda buzzed and he went on my computer and change the password, i had said he could "get on it". I couldnt get on my computer and he had forgotten it. Then I searched the internet and have visited a couple sites. A couple said that u could just push enter when you have to enter your password and it would log on. I tried that and it didnt work. There were also many other options including downloading a certain files to a floppy dis and running that and also using my reinstall disk, clicking repair or something and then pushing f10 at a certain time. Another site said something about using a external hard drive.I do not want to wipe the hard drive clean. I also do not have a recovery disk, but when i do ever get my computer back i will make one. If this is too long i will make it 1/4 the size with less info. Please Help!

·
Registered
165 Posts
From what i understand, you have forgotten the password to your "newly/recently" created account? Am i correct?

Also do you still know the password for the "Administrator" account. By default i think it is blank but it may be "password".

If you still remember the password for the "Administrator" account log in to it via "Safe mode" then follow the steps below:

Click on "Start" --> "Control Panel" --> "Administrator Tools" --> "Computer Management" --> "Local Users & Groups" --> "Users" --> and then the user you've created --> right click on the user --> "Set Password".

Type in the new password and confirm it in the field below. This should set you password for the account to the one you have just stated. See how this goes!!

·
Registered
17,584 Posts
And it is not that the post is too long, you are still not breaking it up into paragraphs that allow easy reading and comprehension.

It is simply a matter of using the "Enter" key as the post above (ant this post) has done.

It is not anything too difficult.

And please, remember that this is a "family friendly" forum, language such as that or references to it will have an adverse effect from moderators, your stay could be short!

·
Banned
24,388 Posts
Since you encrypted the files, you can never access them again unless your previously "buzzed" friend remembers what he changed your password to. There's nothing at all that can be done about it. Period.

There are ways to get logged into the computer and even that account, but the encrypted files will not be accessible anymore.

The Administrator account does not display on the Welcome screen by default. When the computer gets to the Welcome screen, press CTRL+ALT+DEL twice. This will bring up a login window. Type Administrator for the user name and leave the password field blank and hit enter. This will only work if you never set a password for the Administrator account. If you did, you'll need another method to get into the system.

Once you're logged in as Administrator, you can go to User Accounts in Control Panel and reset the password for the other account. Once you do this, you will no longer be able to access any of the encrypted files.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have tried the hitting enter at the windows log on screen and it has not worked because both users are passworded.

I only see both users while in safemode.

I have done ctrl - alt - del and have gotten the old logon screen and tried typing the username on both of them and hitting enter. This has not worked either.

So the only way I can get my files on my 1st user is to figure out the password because the files are encrypted.

All of this advice is great and all but i still cant access anything on my computer. The farthest I get is the logon screen.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.