Tech Support Guy banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im doing a project and I need to know how the house of representatives and Senate pass there bills, i currently put down, 2/3 vote for both of them, but im not sure its correct for both, help would be great.

·
Registered
18,286 Posts
kissflysky said:
Im doing a project and I need to know how the house of representatives and Senate pass there bills, i currently put down, 2/3 vote for both of them, but im not sure its correct for both, help would be great.
this is as far as i'll run with your project.
http://www.rules.house.gov/.....good luck

·
Registered
51,023 Posts
kissflysky said:
No--its a simple majority with limited exceptions. That being said, the President can veto any bill and then you need 2/3rds of Congress to over-ride the veto. So, with limited exceptions as provided in the Constitution, Congress needs a simple majority and the President's signature or a 2/3rds majority if the President refuses to sign.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.