Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My computer has a 4 Gig hard drive that is partitioned. I keep having to clean out the C part and if I could move some of my programs, etc. to the D side, it would help quite a bit.

I have added a 20 Gig Drive that I use for correspondence and other things, so I have plenty of memory, but do not know what I need to do to organize.

I understand there is some software that will eliminate the partition, or rearrange the drive contents.

Any helpful advise would be appreciated.

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
I think ParitionMagic is what you want. It would allow you to move all the data from the second partition on your first drive, I assume driver letter E: and move it to the newer hard drive. Then you could use ParitionMagic to delete the second partition and expand the C: drive to 4GB and have plenty of room left. I also recommend you move your Windows cache to the new drive as well, which will free up even more space on C: and possibly make your PC run faster.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Hi CharlesMac

Just adding my thoughts re your CD burning recommendations.

Not been able to fault my 8 month old Teac CD-W512E re-writer for burning using Nero Burning ROM software.
Has a 12x10x32 (writexrewritexread) maximum capability and received rave revues from the press around the time I bought it.
Doing a straight burn (no testing) I can copy a standard audio CD (up to 650Mb) in about 30 minutes or so.
Only one problem you might already be aware of - some CD players can be fussy about playing PC written discs, though I've not had a problem with either my in-car or house Sony players.

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
For low cost unit I recommend BusLink. I own many brands and it was the cheapest, easiest to setup, and most compatible one I have. I purchased a Acer for one of my daughters not to long ago and I had all kinds of prolems with it. It had a hardware problem and I found it was not compatible withe EasyCD Creator 5. Acer tech support told their unit is only warrantied and guaranteed to work with the software they ship with the unit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.