Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have a partition call PqRP (view via Norton Partition Magic 8.0). Originally if not wrong I created a partition Y. I tried to create a Partition after it and it woudl not allow me, thus the whole partition becomes PqRP.

Understand that ptedit works for this type of problem. However you mentioned Partition Table Doctor - does this help too?

I ahve not tried ptedit. The process is quite complicated/. I coul not see the Partition in My Computer.

If anyone knows how to use ptedit, please provide some tips. This is a different HD from the HD with C Drive where Windows is installed. HD drives are as follows: C,D,E,R,P,SU. The next HD is J & F. The one where the partition has problem - this is the 3rd HD: Partition G & PqRP (original was Y).

Many thanks, Phillip :confused: :)

·
Registered
3,924 Posts
You might consider to get a 2nd opinion with a Linux Live CD.

I got 63 partitions out of a Pata and these are just parts of the 152 partitions in the box.

Windows recognise fat16, fat32 and ntfs partitions. Linux can recognised over 100.

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
Even though it appears you're having the same problem, please start a new thread when you have a new issue. It's very difficult to keep two problems straight and who's working on what in a single thread.

I've created a new thread for your issue here.

Thanks for your cooperation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.