Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been using PalTalk for years on a Windows 2000 machine, without any problems, but recently became concerned about spyware. PalTalk is targeted by some anti-spyware programs as a privacy invader.

Last week, on the advice of a friend, I installed SpySweeper and let it quarantine all traces of PalTalk. SpySweeper also lets you Restore anything it quarantines. I chose to Restore PalTalk, and ever since then, it will not let me join a chat group.

PalTalk starts and logs me in, but that's as far as I can go. Upon clicking the Groups icon, the following message pops up: "Paltalk.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created."

I can't get to the PalTalk Help group to straighten it out, because I can't even look at the PalTalk Groups list. I tried reinstalling PalTalk, but nothing changed, so I uninstalled it, restarted the computer, and then downloaded and installed the newest version. And the same error message still happens.

Is there a solution that will enable me to use PalTalk again?

I've also started using a program called SpywareGuard, and wondering if that's got anything to do with the problem.

Thanks for any help.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.