Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bro-in-laws comp suddenly showing a paging file error on bootup. Tells you to go into the virtual settings and set minimums etc in that section. Whether I set the numbers manually or try to use the option of letting the OS do the settings somehow it acts as if the settings don't get saved. Even when I manually set a number and reboot the error message occurs. Is the registry hosed and requires an OS reinstall?

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
Try setting it to None and reboot. Then run Error-Checking and Disk Cleanup within My Computer and drive Properties, and then re-enable auto size, which will clean up the hard drive and re-create the page file.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok I set the paging to none do the reboot and the error message goes away. Go into the virtual memory setting then and set it for auto size, get the reboot message and do so. Error message reappears. Reset back to none, reboot, error goes away. Manually set to 600mb min and 800mb max, get the reboot message and do so. Error message returns. I think the OS may be hosed or the registry is hosed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.