Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't used my 1 Random Thread per week yet, and the idea of this exites me. With a fairly cheap setup (I built mine for under $1500, and that's with modded parts, not just an ordinary case), it's possible to overclock an AMD Athlon XP-M processor to speeds of up to 2.7 GHz using air cooling alone. Even though I already have a processor in mine, I'm tempted to splurge and spend the extra cash on this one. Apparently unlike Intel's mobile processors, the XP-M is compatible with regular Socket A mainboards...therfore you could install it in your mainboard in your desktop, and then overclock it up to 2.7 GHz, which is amazing when considering the speed of an Athlon 3200 (2.2 GHz). If I'm not mistaken...performance-wise, this would be more advanced than any stock processor currently out, maybe even faster than the Athlon 64 CPU. :eek:

Aw, hell, the article says it better. ;) 2500+ Mobile Barton Feature

Jim

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
I haven't used my 1 Random Thread per week yet
yeah but you awe alot of weeks still

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by buddhafabio:
yeah but you awe alot of weeks still
I suppose you're the thread Taliban? :( Sorry, I found it really interesting and thought it was thread worthy...like I said, I won't be starting another one this week. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
i was just ribbing you geez

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.