Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
37,539 Posts
Hiya

Have you set it up for sounds?

Tools | Options. Preferences. E-mail Options.

In the Message handling, select the Display a Notification message when new mail arrives check box to turn the option on.

To choose more e-mail notification options:

Select Advanced E-mail Options.

In the Advanced E-mail Options dialog box, in the When new items arrive area:

Select the check box for the options you want:

Play a sound.
Briefly change the mouse cursor.
Show an envelope icon in the system tray.

Select OK.

Select OK twice.

Regards

eddie

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the prompt reply Eddy. All of the boxes you cited were already checked. The Outlook seems to require my clicking the send/receive button each time I access the program. Is this a part of the problem?

·
Super Moderator
37,539 Posts
Hiya

Its a busy time of the year, but lets have a look.

What OS are you using? You also said that you have just installed it. Was this an upgrade or a clean install? Did you have any other versions of Outlook on this PC prior to this version?

Also, and lets hope you don't, lets have a look for viruses:

http://housecall.antivirus.com/housecall/start_corp.asp

Do you get any notifications, like a flashing envelope in the systray, near the clock?

eddie

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Eddie and I hope you are having a wonderful holiday. I did use the website that you cited and, fortunately, I do not have any viruses. I am using the Millenium operating system and I formerly used Outlook Express. I do not have any notifications next to the clock. Thank you for assisting me. It's a minor glitch but irritating. Jerry

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Check this, go to tools, options, mail setup, check the box under send/receive that says send immediatly when connected. You can also click on the send/receive option box and tell it to check at a set interval.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.