Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received some great help from this forum earlier today and thought the problem was solved. No such luck!

I use MS Outlook to access e-mail but my Norton Personal Firewall was blocking it from the signal from my wireless router. I reconfigured the firewall to "permit all" with Outlook (and, of course, disabled the Windows firewall completely) and it worked just fine. At home.

But then I took the laptop to the public library to check it out with another strong signal. Nothing. I can log onto the internet just fine--which I could do before as well--but still cannot access e-mail via Outlook from a signal other than my own.

What am I missing here?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me... there's not much hair left to pull out!

·
Super Moderator
65,965 Posts
it may be you POP account is locked into your broadband connection
can you use webmail with your ISP

whos you ISP ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I use my webmail via SimpleNet.com (where I've got my website skyscapes.com and where my e-mail comes in). My ISP is CableUSA.

At the direction of the SimpleNet folks I changed both my POP3 and SMTP to mail.skyscapes.com as well as my outgoing server number, and that's when it started working from my home location. But it still doesn't work elsewhere.

·
Super Moderator
65,965 Posts
it may be worth asking your ISP if you can acces there POP servers from any internet connection.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.