Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the emails I keep within Outlook 98, I would like to change/re-name the "subject" so that I can better know what the email is about. Is there a way to do this? One solution is to re-send the email to myself with a new subject heading, but perhaps there is something even simpler than this? Thanks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This would work except that I want to keep all emails organized within the email folders (as part of outlook) as opposed to separate word processing files, which I think is what you are suggesting.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Judging by the lack of info on this subject in Microsoft's extensive library (unless I missed it of course!) I think you are on a no-win errand here.
How many subject categories do you want, or have?
Would it not be simplest to just put them into a series of folders and subfolders in the normal FOLDERS directory?

Just a thought.

·
Registered
912 Posts
And just another thought...

You can of course also set up Message Rules under the Tools Menu so that incoming mail defaults to the subject folder it relates to. You will still get the bracketed 'unread mail' indicator against each relevant folder.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.