Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heres the set-up, win98se, outlook 2000, this users outlook will not hold the password, tried removing account (only one on the pc), re-entering the info, and as soon as i was done went and looked at the account - no password, not even any *'s it just plain blank, so obviously she gets prompted every time she send/receive e-mail for her password - and checks the save p/w option - which works for that one session of sending/receiving. just for a little extra background i just re-loaded this pc for her and mis-spelled her name during setup, so i scan and corrected every occcurance of the mis-spelling in the registry. not sure if that has anything to do with anything but.........

· Registered
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dugq thanks for the reply but as i did earlier the hkey_durrect_user\software\microsoft\protected storage system provider
key doesn't exist, which i thought was indeed the problem - but i checked 4 other machine that have no p/w problems (all w98se also) and none of these have that key either. :confused:

any other ideas ppl

· Registered
2,771 Posts
The key may only exist if you have different user profiles on the PC, otherwise it may be

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Protected Storage System Provider

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.