Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to a small company who uses a ms exchange server. They created several calendars over the years for conference rooms. The problem is there is no documentation of where the .PAB's for each room is located. When I search for *.pab, I find several 'Mailbox.pab''s. Is there any way to identify which PAB's go with what room? Is there a way to open the PAB to see which calendar it goes with? Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
21,875 Posts
The calendars are probably set up on the Exchange server's public folders directory. They aren't and wouldn't be in a pab (personal address book). When you are in Outlook, click the button for folder list...5th one from the left..and go down to public folders and click the + sign next to it and then the + next to all public folders. All of the calendars are probably in there. I am not sure why you think there are personal address books associated with the calendars.

·
Registered
781 Posts
The calendar information could be in a PAB (Personal Address Book) if the originator of the calendars set them up and maintained them in their own mailbox.

Anytime you have a *.PAB and you don't know what's contained in it, you can perform an Import. Just be sure that you import into a new mailbox/contact list/calendar vs. overwriting your own.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
781 Posts
Quite right RockN :), I stand corrected. Right theory, wrong file :(

My only excuse is that I have far too much data rolling around in my head for my own good... :)

·
Registered
21,875 Posts
LOL....you need to get rd of some of that data in your head to make room for the new stuff. I used to use booze, but that din't help much and started corrupting other data.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.