Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't use Outlook Express but my mom received a new computer and is trying to learn to use. She can download her new messages fine but when trying to send the messages rarely ever get through. I don't know if she is properly connected to her ISP or how to check this. Also I read that there might be a time limit to send a message of 30 seconds to 5 minutes. Is there a way to change this because sometimes it takes more than a minute to connect to her ISP.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Hi Kurt....
I never heard of a time limit on it... actually her connection may log off if there is no activity ... ( dial up ) after a few minutes... but as long as the keyboard or mouse is in use... shouldn't affect her Outlook Express.

she needs to open her OE & go to tools/ accounts & mail..( click on )highlight the user name & go to properties.... there she needs to check all the info given...especially under server...

she probably needs to call the ISP & verify the info in pop3 & smtp is correct ...as well as her user name

·
Registered
80 Posts
Kurt,

What your looking for is "Server Timeout". You set it under the Advanced Tab in Accounts.

Hope this helps.

PS. Happy new year Savvy

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
hey 0tis... Happy New Year .... :D
haven't seen you in like forever

·
Registered
80 Posts
Damn girl,

look at those posts....

i was looking at getting on that chat thing you use but i couldnt remember the name of it :/

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
0tis ... click the home button & meet me in the chatroom that we have now

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.