Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have not been able to receive any emails via OE v5. When I click the send/receive button, the dialog box appears to show progress of the download appears, but gets stuck at about 50% of the way across whilst the message 'Receiving list of messages from server' is displayed. Eventually it times out and I cant get past this point. I can send messages ok. The only thing I have done recently is to create a number of additional folders in order to sort my emails more effectively. The inbox has about 200 emails which I have put into the appropriate folder.

I dont know whether this is connected or not but I have not been able to access my hotmail account either.

I have pinged successfully, so the problem is not connection-related, and i can otherwise surf the net ok.... so if anyone can suggest something i can try I will be eternally grateful.

Cheers!!
Andy:D

·
Account Disabled
1,240 Posts
Which account is it hanging on when checking e-mail? Someone may have sent you an incredibly large attachment, and you may need to have your ISP delete it in order to use your e-mail account again.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Max for your reply... bizarrly i've just done a send and receive to send a couple of mails and having sent the mails suddenly i received 12 emails!! none of them had large attachments so i am none the wiser about what was causing the earlier problems.

Anyway I am a happy bunny now that it is sorted out.

-A-:D

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Sounds like your mailserver was out of commission for a while.
Happens to me real often.... hope thats all it was anyway.

Savvy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.