Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the Adress Book failed to load, Outlook Express is incorrectly configured , please re-install.

Outlook express 6 was working fine but I went to send an email out with several addresses and it would kick it back. I then got a single :( email and couldn't open it.
I saved my messages and accounts in the stored folder and I saved my address book in csv. as told to by micro soft support. I uninstalled the outlook in both the add/remove ( windows components area) and I think when doing a change in registry they suggested too. I think I may have deleted something.
I tried a restore of the computer but it didn't work. I do have a earlier registry saved on my desktop but don't know how to restore that.
All this happened the night of the big updates from microsoft too. I even took off my email scan.
I have got outlook express working again but it gives me the above message each time I reload it.
I changed some of the files that had wab to old and in the registry I set the data to (0) at the dword area. I even changed the idenities in window explorer too. But I can't get the address book to load. I also can't import my messages that I saved , there is a blank in the wizard when transfering (no programs like outlook express). Like I said the accounts imported fine. I have a xp pro thinkpad with about 1.5mhz , 1GB ram, with office but I never used outlook, just outlook express. Thank you for the help.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did that fix , but checked it again to make sure boxes were unchecked. I did the regedit too the only WAB had no value.
Here is what my search got when I just put in wab and didn't do *.wab etc., that gave me nothing. But I now see lots of wab files.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The first four are program files/outlookexpress
next 4 are windows\servicepackuninstalled
next 5 windows/with different numbers
next3 are help
next 2 are wab50 inf files
next 1 is wab.exe with prefetch
next 1 is OUTLWAB program files office
next 4 are windows service pack i386
next 4 are windows system 32 cache
next 4 are windows with $ hf
next 2 are wab.exe windows software distriburtion /download
next 5 are documents and settings/username/desktop
next 1 is OUTLWAB.DLL windows installer \patch
next 1 is oewab windows documents and settings\username \desktop

·
Registered
660 Posts
First, uninstall the whole program. I believe via control panel add/remove programs. There may be two possible lists. Non microsoft programs. and microsoft programs. You might have to change a tab or something to see the outlook express to uninstall it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sorry had to work. I uninstalled it. Before that I tried to do register the libraries as microsoft said in repairing outlook express but in search none came up. I just did a dll search and I saw all but the msjava.dll. I then couldn't do a regsvr to them though. I then quit.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I would like outlook express to work and I saved the address book in cvs. on the desktop and the old messages from the inbox and sent box in the store folder along with the 4 email accounts.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Thats ok. Was it a check mark that you removed from outlook express, or was it a list? Reason why I ask is because the last I remember, all you had to do was uncheck it, restart, and check it again to reinstall it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I removed the check mark, but I still see it in windows explorer under programs and it opens up but now because I took out the accounts doesn't show any new messages. I added one email account and it works in receiving emails but not sending or address book. I bring up outlook from a desk top msimn.exe shortcut even after I uninstalled it. Please help, I will be out for awhile.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.