Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there,

I am currently using Outlook 97. I will be travelling for a while and would like to access my e-mail while I am away. My ISP provider has already told me that it can't forward my mail. Can you please help me with the following:

1. How can I forward my mail to my Yahoo account while leaving a copy in my Outlook? I went to Help and it told me to use the Out-of-Office Assistant. Unfortunately, this function is "greyed out" and I was not able to add it in, even with my installation disk.

2. I have heard that I could read my mail by using "Telnet". How do I do this?

Thank you so very much!

·
Registered
284 Posts
You can use Yahoo! to check any POP3 e-mail account. Since most ISP e-mail accounts use this protocol, this method should work for you. Depending on how long you're traveling, you may not want to leave the e-mail on the server because you could run out of room.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much for your help! I have tried it and I think that it works.

I would appreciate your comments on two follow-up questions:

1. If I read my messages from my Yahoo e-mail, can I also retrieve them later from my Outlook? (I have chosen the option "Leave mail on POP server".)

2. What does "Use Filters" mean? I have left it checked because this was the default that Yahoo gave me when I added my Mail server.

Your help is much appreciated!

Thank you!

·
Registered
273 Posts
If you've specified to leave mail on the pop server it should continue to be retrievable from your Outlook account.

Filters will filter out unnecessary spam e-mail or other specified types of mail.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Happy to help. Thats what TSG is all about. One more thought - you might want to check what type of default filtering that yahoo does so that intended e-mails (those that you want) don't get filtered. I'm not on yahoo but I do have a hotmail account and they work similarly - in hotmail there is a page that allows you to specify your filters.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.