Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When utilizing Outlook 2007 (on WinXP currently) I occasionally run into a situation where the right margin just continues on - and on - and on; requiring me to scroll from left to right. Has anyone else experienced this issue? If so, have you discovered any solution for it?

Thanks,
Steve:)

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
Hi Steve, welcome to the board!

With Outlook being the most diverse of the Office suite applications, and 20+ different custom form screens, you will need to be a little more specific about what screen in particular you are talking about. Maybe a screen shot would help us understand better (pictures say a thousand words, eh)?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I create a New Message and begin typing - the characters travel across the screen to the right margin - and occasionally fail to wrap. This creates the need to scroll from left to right at the bottom of the screen in order to view the entire contents of the message that I have begun composing.

Hope that helps...
Steve :)

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
Steve, if you go to Tools | Options | Mail Format, what are your settings? Is your message format HTML? Are you using any international settings? And if you click on 'internet format', what settings do you have there (I think default is 76 characters)?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SP1 installed.
Have tried the HTML option; inconsistent result, and plain text isn't desireable due to a variety of reasons.
will try restoring defaults and see what happens...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.