Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the same boat as I've been reading others are. Opening ANY email folder is painfully slow. It starting happening about 3wks ago. I'm the only user of this computer. I bought Remove Duplicates software, PC cleanup software, all a waste of money, ITS STILL SO SLOW. After that software didn't work, I deleted all unnecessary emails one-by-one (ugh!) and THAT DIDN'T WORK EITHER. That duplicate software originally scanned 22,000 emails (I can't imagine having that many but they were somewhere I guess). Now I'm down to 3,000 emails that the duplicate finder scans and it's still real slow opening ANY email folder. Getting so sick of this LONG wait to open each folder, Inbox, Sent Mail, Junk, Delete, you name it! Any ideas? Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Simon7272. I uninstalled Outlook 2007 update KB 2412171, it IS running a bit better now but still a bit sluggish when switching files (Inbox, Send, Delete, Junk). Not back to it's original speed but a lot better than waiting 20-seconds each time I switch files, around 5-seconds now. I haven't restarted the puter yet, maybe that will help too. Thanks a million, appreciate your help!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.