Run HJT again and put a check in the following:
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [WinMedia] C:\DOCUME~1\******\LOCALS~1\Temp\3827046.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [WinInit] "C:\DOCUME~1\******\LOCALS~1\Temp\3832187.exe "
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [WinUpdate] "C:\DOCUME~1\******\LOCALS~1\Temp\3838265.exe "
Close all applications and browser windows before you click "fix checked".
Download and install AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5 AVG ANTI-SPYWARE IS ONLY FOR SYSTEMS RUNNING WIN 2K and XP
(This is Ewdio 4.0 renamed. If you already have Ewido installed, please update to this version which has a special "clean driver" for removing persistent malware
1. After download, double click on the file to launch the install process.
2. Choose a language, click "OK
" and then click "Next
3. Read the "License Agreement
" and click "I Agree
4. Accept default installation path: C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5, click "Next
", then click "Install
5. After setup completes, click "Finish
" to start the program automatically or launch AVG Anti-Spyware by double-clicking its icon on your desktop or in the system tray.
6. The main "Status
" menu will appear. Select "Change state
" to inactivate 'Resident Shield
' and 'Automatic Updates
7. Then right click on AVG Anti-Spyware in the system tray and uncheck
"Start with Windows
8. Go to Start > Run and type: services.msc
- Press "OK".
- Click the "Extended tab" and scroll down the list to find AVG Anti-Spyware guard.
- When you find the guard service, double-click on it.
- In the Properties Window > General Tab that opens, click the "Stop" button.
- From the drop-down menu next to "Startup Type", click on "Manual".
- Now click "Apply", then "OK" and close the Services window.
9. Select the "Update
" button and click "Start update
". Wait until you see the "Update succesfull
message. If you are having problems with the updater, manually update with the AVG Anti-Spyware Full database installer
. Exit AVG Anti-Spyware when done - DO NOT perform a scan yet.
Reboot your computer in
" using the F8
method. To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup [but before the Windows icon appears] press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode".
Scan with AVG Anti-Spyware as follows:
1. Launch AVG Anti-Spyware, click on the "Scanner
" button and choose the "Settings
- Under "How to act?", click on "Recommended actions" and choose "Quarantine" to set default action for detected malware.
- Under "How to Scan?" check all (default).
- Under "Possibly unwanted software" check all (default).
- Under "What to Scan?" make sure "Scan every file" is selected (default).
- Under "Reports" select "Automatically generate report after every scan" and UNcheck "Only if threats were found".
2. Click the "Scan
" tab to return to scanning options.
3. Click "Complete System Scan
" to start.
4. When the scan has finished you will be presented with a list of infected objects found. Click "Apply all actions
" to place the files in Quarantine.
Do not save the report before you have clicked the Apply all actions
button. If you do, the log that is created will indicate "No action taken
", making it more difficult to interpret the report. So be sure you save it only AFTER clicking the "Apply all actions" button?
5. Click on "Save Report
" to view all completed scans. Click on the most recent scan you just performed and select "Save report as
" - the default file name will be in date/time format as follows: Report-Scan-20060620-142816.txt
. Save to your desktop. A copy of each report will also be saved in C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\Reports\
6. Exit AVG Anti-Spyware when done, reboot normally and submit the log report in your next response.
Note: Close all open windows, programs, and DO NOT USE the computer while AVG Anti-Spyware is scanning. If Explorer or other programs are open during the scan that means certain files will also be in use. Some malware will insert itself and hide in areas that are "protected" by Windows when the files are being used. This can hamper AVG Anti-Spyware's ability to clean properly and may result in reinfection.
Note: If AVG Anti-Spyware "crashes" or "hangs" during the scan, try scanning again by doing this:
1. Scan one sector of the system at a time by using the "Custom Scan" feature. To do this select Scanner > Custom Scan and click on Add drive/directory/file. Browse to C:\Windows > System, add this folder to the list and click on "Start Scan". When the scan is complete, repeat the Custom Scan but this time, browse to and add the System32 folder. Then keep repeating this procedure until all your folders have been scanned. Make sure you include the Documents & Settings folder.
2. If this still does not help, then turn the ADS scanner off while making a Custom Scan. To do this select Scanner > Scan Settings and untick "Scan in NTFS Alternate Data Streams". Then repeat the steps above for performing a Custom Scan.