Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a new laptop with Windows Vista (I had XP before). I installed my Office 2003 onto the computer and now when I download email into Outlook emails from a few senders they come out with a whole bunch of what i'm guessing is source code, which i've pasted below, in the body of the message. In those emails pictures are not downloaded but instead come out as a whole bunch of code and fonts are converted into regular texts. It only happens with a few senders and it happens with every email i get from those senders. When I view those same emails on the internet (i use comcast as my provider) they look fine. If i click on "view source" for those emails on the comcast website it shows me the the same "source codes" that show up in the body of the messages when downloaded into Outlook. Also, in case this is significant, i get a message at the top of only those emails that says "this message may contain extra breaks". This is driving me crazy, does anyone have any ideas??

Received: from imta12.westchester.pa.mail.comcast.net ([76.96.62.30])
by sccrmxc14.comcast.net (sccrmxc14) with ESMTP
id <20080314111831s14001iqk1e>; Fri, 14 Mar 2008 11:18:31 +0000
X-Originating-IP: [76.96.62.30]
Received: from forward1.us4.outblaze.com ([208.36.123.43])
by IMTA12.westchester.pa.mail.comcast.net with comcast
id 0zJU1Z0100wHGHL0C00000; Fri, 14 Mar 2008 11:18:31 +0000
X-Authority-Analysis: v=1.0 c=1 a=erwq55oatVoA:15 a=NpLvIwCsvDy8auot0h4A:9
a=cVOf64o9DH49VhLk1T5XahF9-6YA:4 a=R6fQ0Q4ov3oA:10 a=rQV-KmMdCt5lvDiNztMA:9
a=cKAYe6cs4IIlKAlAvwUA:7 a=pL2yhUwti9538-FJ4p0DGO3IxucA:4 a=AfD3MYMu9mQA:10
a=5a_eMDj2F5f2lEyJgFQA:9 a=wKbvbaRfYCKVaIy8MQ_Z8aDeJGUA:4 a=KQqxNPgzF0kA:10
a=bC4pTEGzVWIA:10 a=bZ2flbMvAWsowyTO:18

·
Registered
58 Posts
Few things:
1- Do you have the HTML viewer switched on?
2- When there is a file with attachment that contains unwanted data in language of outlook, the
application then garbles up the email and displays its source code instead sometimes.
3- Try adding these IP addresses and/or email addresses in your trusted list and then it should go fine.

Let us know..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1. When you ask about the HTML viewer I'm not quite sure what you mean. The only thing I see that may be what you mean is if I go to Options, Preferences, Email Options, then there is a selection that reads, "read all messages in plain text". If that's what you mean, then yes, I have that unchecked.

There is also an option under Options, Security, Download Pictures, Change Automatic Download Settings that says "don't download pictures automatically in HTML email that I also have unchecked.

3. I'm not sure how to add thes email addresses in my "trusted" list. If I go to Security, Trusted Sites I can add a web address but not if I add an email adress it says "sites added to this zone must use the https://prefix.

Thanks for your response but no help so far. :-( I was gonna switch to Windows Mail which downloads my emails just fine but i have over 500 contacts in my contact list and when I import them into Windows mail they are listed as First Name, Last Name instead of Last Name, First Name like I had it set up on Outlook, which I don't like. I found I could change that but only if i go through each of my 500 contacts and change how it's displayed. I also know i can add a column for last name and sort them that way but I just like how Outlook has always worked for me til now and if i can get this to work would prefer to stick with it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I believe I've narrowed the problem down to Windows Vista. When I use Outlook 03 on my son's computer that is using XP it downloads the emails just fine. And all the Outlook settings are the same on both computers. So maybe Outlook 03 doesn't work right with Vista. On a side note, I did try running Outlook in XP compatibility mode. It didn't help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.