Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having problems with Outlook 2003. My reminders launch whenever Outlook is launched and they cannot be deleted or altered.

When I go to right click "Delete" the appointment, I get the following two error messages:

Error:
Code: MAPI_E_CORRUPT_STORE == 0x80040600
Function lpSourceFolder->CopyMessages( lpEIDs, NULL, lpWasteFolder, NULL, NULL, MESSAGE_MOVE|MESSAGE_DIALOG)
File E:\MFCMAPI\5.0.18\MAPIFunctions.cpp
Line 1046

Error:
Code: MAPI_E_CORRUPT_STORE == 0x80040600
Function DeleteToDeletedItems( lpMDB, (LPMAPIFOLDER) m_lpContainer, lpEIDs)
File E:\MFCMAPI\5.0.18\FolderDlg.cpp
Line 595

When I go to dismiss, amend or delete any reminder I get the following message:

"Cannot turn off the reminder. You may be reminded again. Could not complete the operation. One or more parameter values are not valid".

On occassion I also receive an error message that states:

"Can't open this item. Errors have been detected in the file C:\Documents and Settings etc. Quit Outlook and all mail-enabled applications, and then use the Inbox repair tool (Scanpst.exe) to diagnose and repair errors in the file. For more information about the Inbox repair tool, see Help."

I've tried the repair tool, including placing my CD-ROM containing my Office 2003 Edition, but receive an error message there too which states that I have an outdated version(?).

Regarding the Scanpst.exe, I try to launch that application but receive the following error message:

"Windows cannot find 'Scanpst.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again."

I tried searching for 'Scanpst.exe' on my computer using the search tool and finally located it but when it asked what file to open you can imagine my suprise that I could not locate "Local Settings" folder in my Documents and Settings folder.

Does anyone have a solution?

Thank you.

Chad

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for taking the time to reply and offer your advice.

I did exactly as you explained and was finally able to launch the repair tool. During launch it showed that there were nine items that were damaged and repaired. After running the tool I re-booted the computer, but the results are the same: I still cannot delete or amend one particular appointment, so everytime I launch Outlook the reminder immediately opens.

Is there another solution?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, this seems to have worked. The simplest solution of all.

For everyone else who may stumble upon this thread, here are the steps:

1. Click Start, and then click Run.

2. In the Open box, type: Outlook /Cleanreminders

Note that when you type "Outlook" that you have to press the SPACEBAR once, and then type a forward slash mark (/) followed by the word "Cleanreminders".

Thank you Emperor! You are an Einstein.

·
Registered
58 Posts
OK. 2 possible things you can do. First find and run FIXMAPI.EXE it will only take a second and may look like it doesn't do anything, then reboot, open outlook with the /cleanreminders switch. If that doesn't work you can rename MAPI32.DLL to MAPI32.OLD, then reinstall outlook and choose "Repair or replace missing files" to replace the old mapi with a fresh one. Again, reboot then delete the reminder.
Let me know the results of those.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This finally worked!

For everyone else who may stumble upon this thread, here are the steps:

1. Click Start, and then click Run.

2. In the Open box, type: FIXMAPI.EXE

3. After hitting enter you will not even notice the file launch or operate, so you may wish to run this sequence twice just to make sure.

4. Restart computer.

5. Click Start, and then click Run. In the Open box, type: FIXMAPI.EXE

6. In the Open box, type: Outlook /Cleanreminders

Note that when you type "Outlook" that you have to press the SPACEBAR once, and then type a forward slash mark (/) followed by the word "Cleanreminders".

Problem solved.

Thanky you again!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.