Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After my computer has finished on the disk check screen which usually appears after a computer crash, the screen goes black and a blue box saying "Out of Range" comes up. A few seconds after that the computer restarts so I can't get on desktop to copy my files. I know I could just do a complete system restore but I don't want to lose everything.

Is there anyway I can get my files back? Maybe I could transfer the hard drive to another computer and then copy them? Or will this just repeat the problem?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I didn't get an XP CD but I downloaded a thing called "WindowsXP-KB310994-SP2-Home-BootDisk-ENU.exe" which should do the same job if I copy it to a floppy right?

As for taking out the hard drive and putting it in another pc, I could give it a go but I've not done it before and it would be a last resort.

·
Registered
22,504 Posts
yodisio said:
I didn't get an XP CD but I downloaded a thing called "WindowsXP-KB310994-SP2-Home-BootDisk-ENU.exe" which should do the same job if I copy it to a floppy right?

As for taking out the hard drive and putting it in another pc, I could give it a go but I've not done it before and it would be a last resort.
You need a copy of XP to install it or repair it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.