Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ihave been on tech support all day regarding this problem, all has shifted to the other.
Here goes: All I am looking for is a read receipt for emails that I send. I went into tools, options, receipts, under the heading of requesting read receipt, I checked this box
then under heading returning read receipts I marked always send a read receipt. That is all the boxes I have marked. Still does not work when I email to my friends. I can email myself and I will receive a read receipt. What am I doing wrong,

·
Registered
6,052 Posts
On the Receipts tab> Returning Read Receipts> tick the radio button:
Notify me for each read receipt request
See if you are notified for read receipt when you send one to yourself.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
also, i forgot to mention, when i send emails, the recipent states that that are an attachment, when the recipent trys to open they cannot open, there is not an attachment because i did not send one. what have i done ???????????????????????????????

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
i send/recieve a ton of funstuff email and wouldn't consider requiring a reciept for every piece i send.

i've got a few friends that use the reciept thingy and i don't like it for email unless there's a big time reson for requiring the reciept, like sending a resume, business proposal, an inquiry about a purchase, wondering where the package is, etc.

·
Registered
6,052 Posts
To be honest, I don't know unless the read receipt shows up as an attachment in their email program. I know that at one time AVG scanned email arrived to the email recipients with a blank attachment caused by the notice from AVG that the email was scanned before being sent. Maybe someone else knows.

·
Registered
17,584 Posts
Most or all businesses I deal with automatically block read receipts, just as I do here.

The choice as to you getting a receipt when you have one requested is the recipients choice, not yours.

If their system blocks the read receipt response, there is nothing you can do about it your end.

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
Augie65 said:
To be honest, I don't know unless the read receipt shows up as an attachment in their email program. I know that at one time AVG scanned email arrived to the email recipients with a blank attachment caused by the notice from AVG that the email was scanned before being sent. Maybe someone else knows.
i don't see any attachment for the reciept, just a block to check, yes/no

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.