Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when I go to add to favorites the (the gold star) and click on the organize favorites system that allows you to delete an item it will not respond it says loading but nothing happens.totally frozen. can someone help to open this thing

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hello Teddyh,

Welcome to the forums! and Happy New Year!

I assume you have enough access to delete the files. This happens with a particular url or with all?

Before deleting it from "organize favorites", have you deleted it manually from the system/folder?

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
teddyh said:
when I go to add to favorites the (the gold star) and click on the organize favorites system that allows you to delete an item it will not respond it says loading but nothing happens.totally frozen. can someone help to open this thing
Uninstall IE7 and reinstall. I had to do this twice b4 it worked right. Make sure you have all the updates. In the meantime the gold star lists favorites, to add a favorite, click on the other goldstar with green (+) symbol, to organize, it is under the favorites button on the menu bar. If you just want to delete an entry click gold star, navigate to what you want to delete, r-click the item, click delete. Presto, it will be gone.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
XPSP2 said:
Uninstall IE7 and reinstall. I had to do this twice b4 it worked right. Make sure you have all the updates. In the meantime the gold star lists favorites, to add a favorite, click on the other goldstar with green (+) symbol, to organize, it is under the favorites button on the menu bar. If you just want to delete an entry click gold star, navigate to what you want to delete, r-click the item, click delete. Presto, it will be gone.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks it partially worked that system takes me to a history file and is usefull. But what I really need is a way to delete in the organize file. when I click that file it freezes.I cannot delete any of my favorite sites. I really appreciate all of your help. Thaks again teddyh

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
teddyh said:
Thanks it partially worked that system takes me to a history file and is usefull. But what I really need is a way to delete in the organize file. when I click that file it freezes.I cannot delete any of my favorite sites. I really appreciate all of your help. Thaks again teddyh
On the same line as the gold stars, r-click a blank area between Window tab and Home symbol, click menu bar, There will then be a new bar with ---
File---Edit---View---Favorites---Tools---Help. Under that favorites button is a link to organize faves.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I still cannot open my organize favorites where I have access to the delete section. It is frozen no response This is in the save favorites site. Any other suggestions would be helpful

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.