Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi
i need to get which option buttons are selected on my vb6 form to a table in my Access db . i already have an ADO connection to populate the vb form from an Acces table, what i need to do now is capture that form that is filled out in a different table. any ideas , suggestions or tips would be appreciated

Thnx
[email protected]

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
Create a form for the table that you want the values to be stored in.
When you open your form that has the option buttons on, also open the new form but in "Invisible" mode. As the user makes their choices there should be a piece of VB code in the After Update Event Procedure for each set of option buttons that sets the value in the "Invisible form's corresponding field to the value chosen. Does your "Yes/No" Column have a "Tick box" or the words "Yes" and "No"?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i am not sure i follow what you are saying. i need the data to be placed in an existing Access table not placed in another form. and my fields contain tick boxes

Thanx
Mac

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
If you are trying to populate a yes/no (boolean) field in an access table, I would suggest you use a check box rather than an option button in VB6 to populate the record in that field.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hi Wolfworx, thanx for the response

i had thought about doing that but i have these option buttons inside a frame so that only 1 of them can be selected per row (17 rows), is there a way to do that with checkboxes?

thanx again
Mac

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hello again
no, i have 17 rows of labels with option buttons on my form
like this

optbtn1 label1 label2 optbtn2
optbtn3 label3 label4 optbtn4
optbtn33 label33 label34 optbtn34

what the label says doesnt matter, i just need to collect which option button or check box was selected and record that in an access table
thanx
Mac

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.