Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a wired optical mouse that i want to use with my laptop. Problem is that and error pops up when ever it detects it. The error is this:

There was a problem installing this hardware: Optical USB Mouse An error occurred during the installation of this device; Data error (cyclic redundancy check).

Can any one tell me where i might find a generic driver for a 3 button mouse? The mouse is made by Dell(as far as i can tell). If any one could help me out that would be really awesome, thanks!

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
A CRC error doesn't sound like missing drivers, but perhaps some corruption. Most mice should work for at least basic functions with no additional drivers.

·
Registered
22,466 Posts
Senryi said:
I have wiped this hard drive clean about 3 months ago. So i don't know what would be corrupted.
OMG some of my clients can corrupt a dirve in 2 days to where it won't run...3 months?
JW is right, I never use mouse software of any kind except free "Freewheel", but a mouse will run better with generic Windows drivers rather than most makers software.
You might look at usb ports in Device Manager and make sure enabled. There could also be a bios enabler for usb mouse as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.