Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The last two times I tried to burn a CD i got a Windows system error. I ran Norton WinDoctor and it didnt find any errors. I went looking through add remove programs and found some thing called Onflow which is apparently some advertising nonsense. Anyway, I look through add/remove programs at least once a week and this is the first time I noticed it.

Was it the source of my problem? Or is it more likely something wrong with Windows98, and do you think that installing WinXP could solve my problems?

·
Registered
912 Posts
I presume you have burned disks successfully in the past, so the only way you are going to know if Onflow is the culprit is to ditch it and see what happens.
Without knowing the os or the burn software you are using further advice is difficult, though I would say that a thorough clean up and general housekeeping might help: Temp folder, Temporary Internet Files and any unnecessary items in your Start-up folder to start with.

As for XP, well it is lauded as being more stable but at this stage a change in OS because of a burn problem smacks of cracking a nut with a sledge hammer - and it might not work!

If you're curious about the web advertising software you seem to have go here: www.onflow.com/

·
Registered
912 Posts
Another thought...

Your post doesn't mention a virus scan. If you have AV do a scan now. If you don't then download one from someone like zdnet. A Firewall might also be useful as your frequent use of Add/Remove and the unexpected prescence of Onflow seem to suggest you are getting a lot of unwanted chaff.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I haven't burned another cd to check if its working, but I installed norton anti virus 2001 and updated it after your post. And what do you know? I had the Nimda virus. Wow.

Well, I have been helped a lot im sure even if windows keeps locking up on me. Thanks.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Glad I could help.

Let us know if your problem returns.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.