Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've burned a few movies on some DVD-R's with no problems. I just bought a pack of DVD-R's of another brand and my Nero DVD writing program says it is an " Illegal Medium " when I try to burn on them. My multi format DVD CD burner has worked fine on every other medium I've used. I'm stuck with 50 unusable DVD's if I can't find a way of getting my burner to use them.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I understand it can be very frustrating. I have this problem with my CDR writer. When I burn wih CD-R and CD-RW , the CD-Rw will show a blank content. On putting it in my daughter's lap top, everying is OK. Sometimes these CD's and DVD's work in strange ways. I figure you have to stick to the same brand of DVD-R you used before.

·
Banned
2,581 Posts
Also, when you're burning DVD's be careful to know what operating system you are using. Things that show up in XP don't necessarily show up in 98.

I use Sony, Phillips & Memorex. Nothing else... ;) and NEVEEEER store brands :D

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
Welcome to the world of optical media. It's not uncommon for specific makes/models of drives to have problems with some brands of media.

·
Premium Member
52,926 Posts
Sometimes drive manufacturers put out Firmware updgrades to fix incompatiblity issues with their drives. It would be useful to find your DVD burner model number and check for upgrades - you can do so by right clicking on the drive in My Computer and going to Properties or through Device Manager.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.