Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was asked to fix a computer that was freezing up a lot. Everything was working fine the the computer started beeping really loud, I turn the computer around to make sure the sound was hooked up properly and cracked the case. The computer was very dirty so I proceeded to clean it out. After I finished I hooked all the cables back up and started the computer, the monitor does not work at all. No matter what I did I could not get the monitor to display anything, it starts up fine, but no display. I went and bought a PCI video card and it requires a two pronged connection that did not come with the card so I'm not sure what to do, I hooked it all up and it still would not work. Can anyone help me.

Thanks
Tribbles3206:confused:

·
Registered
7,794 Posts
First look around inside and make sure you didn't knock anything loose, like the RAM. Some video cards require a power connection, but I'm not sure that's what you're describing. Where is it on the card?

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
1. If it worked before you cleaned it then I would say you probably hooked something up wrong or it is not seated correctly. I would suggest going threw the entire thing again and start checking every component to make sure it is seated, no bent pins ext..
2. You may try re-seating the bios
Components needed:

Motherboard
(Access/Enter Motherboard BIOS and Troubleshooting BIOS Beep Codes)
CPU/fan/heatsink
Video card
Troubleshooting a Video Adapter and Computer Monitor Flow Chart)
RAM - one RAM stick
memtest86)
Monitor -
Keyboard - Not mandatory
Speaker - Hear beep codes
Power Supply -
(Flowchart for ATX Power Supply Repair best way is just try a known good power supply)

Remove everything from the case

Connect the components listed above, check all connections and be sure they are in their proper location and secure. If your motherboard has a small, square 4 pin power connector make sure its connected,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.