i am going to buy a mobo off of E-Bay.

There are a few choices,
P2L97 - ASUS slot 1 $1.25
(I think this only supports a PII)
Gigabyte GA-6BXC ATX Motherboard Slot 1 $10

COMPAQ INTEL MOTHERBOARD SLOT 1 3 PCI 1 AGP 3 EISA $1
( i think this only supports a PII)

ASUS P3B-F Slot 1 ATX AGP PII PIII Motherboard 64 MB Ram $10

I am sure prices are going to change, have 2 days on the last asus, 4 on the rest. have any of these. Know that some are just kinda strange. Can i overclock any of them. I am getting a P3 slot 1 @600mhz.

Thank you

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
Got links to them? Are those starting prices? Because if they are, it'll most likely get a lot higher than that...the bids typically go a lot higher in the last few minutes of the auction.

·
Registered
57 Posts
My vote would be the ASUS P3B-F. That was a super nice motherboard in it's day. Very stable and I've personally had very good look with all that I ever used to build PCs.

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
I would stay away from the compaq. It is a very good possibility that only compaq parts will work with it, including the power supply.

·
Premium Member
52,926 Posts
That Gigabyte board is a piece of junk, I know I've used one. The Compaq board is properitary most likely and if it isn't its not going to be a good board. So that leaves the ASUS boards and the P3B-F is far superior P2L97 board. The P3B-F with the latest BIOS will handle any Celeron with a 66/100Mhz FSB up to 1100Mhz and any PIII with a 66/100Mhz FSB up to 1.0Ghz. No support for 133Mhz FSB PIII's.

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
It's going to get a lot higher than that, most of the bidding will still take place within the last few minutes...

PIII's are still being used a lot, so don't expect the good motherboards to be dirt cheap....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.