Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I am having this issue that is bugging the hell out of me. I recently bought a new cpu today. Ryzen 7 2700x. I brought it home and took out my ryzen 5 1600x and put it the new one and new heatsink. No bios popped up so i looked online. Said i needed to reset cmos so i took out the battery for 10 mins and put it back in. Same issue. So i kept looking and saw that i needed to update bios. I thought that putting in the old cpu would let me access bios and i put it in and the same issue is now happening. Now i cannot access bios to update it and neither cpu is working. The heat up so it is getting power but they are not starting bios. Please help guys.

Specs
Psu: tx750 corsair
Gpu: 1080 geforce
Mobo: b350 tomahawk
2 8 gigs of vengeance pro corsair ddr4

Please help.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Option 1
Take out video card and re-insert it.

Option 2
Take out memory and re-insert it.

A motherboard speaker does help to diagnose simple problems, so you don't have to do trial-n-error. Most cases don't come with them anymore. Then find the BIOS beep error codes for your motherboard manufacturer.

Motherboard speaker - https://www.amazon.com/SoundOrigina...ocphy=9030159&hvtargid=pla-571699405678&psc=1

There is CMOS reset pins on the motherboard that you could use. You will need either a flat head screwdriver or a jumper. It will need a second to short these pins and the BIOS is reset. Only doing this when the computer is off and it is disconnected from any power source like AC or Li-ion battery pack. Don't need to take the CMOS battery out to reset the BIOS. It can be done this way, but you don't know how long it will take.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.