Tech Support Guy banner

Okay, I just used the Sims File Cop...

1215 Views 12 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  CoasterFreak
and some of the objects I downloaded are still causing my game to crash! Can someone PLEASE tell me how to remove these objects from the purchase menu. I deleted them from the folder but their pictures(icons) are still on the purchase menu. Please tell me how to remove them because I really don't want to start the game over again.

I have WinXP, 1.8 GHz, service pack 2, 256 RAM and the problem is with Sims 1.............Thanks!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 13 Posts
Ok, let me start off by saying, Maxis won't help you if you download objects, they feel like it's not there problem.

Anyways,
Are you sure you removed the objects from the folder? Make sure you check every folder, especially "Downloads" and "Game Data\Objects." Unfortunately, if that does not work, you may have to re-install and start from scratch.
I had assumed he had already done that because he said it keeps making his game crash (as in it happened more than once) So he must have restarted the game in order for it to crash more than once.
Well see, if a certain house is causing the crash, sometimes you have to lost everything only because sometimes its hard to target the right house, because the file names are something like house001.

But I have similar problems with Sims 1, certain objects in a house will make the game crash. Make sure the object you deleted is no longer in the house. If it is then you will have to lose everything. Unless you can put the item back into the folder, delete it from the house, and then delete it from the folder. If that sounds a little confusing, just ask me to clarify.
1 - 4 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.