Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am working on a machine that is running Windows 95c and has a copy of Microsoft Office 97 and Outlook 98 up to SR2. There was only Word and Excel installed and they needed Access 97 added. I went to Add/Remove in control panel and put the Office 97 CD into the drive. As it was scanning the hard drive for previous installations it popped up a message stating: "Your previous install of Office 97 was not installed completely." After that it will not allow me to uninstall the suite. What I had to do was download a utility called "Add/Remove 4 Good" and had it remove Office 97 from the control panel. Then I deleted all entries on the hard drive and registry. I tried to install it again ad it still gave me the error. Then I tried installing Office 2000 suite because that scans for old Office files and removes them. After that didn't work I ran out of ideas. If anyone has any reccomendations or has run into this before please let me know. I want to stay away from formatting the machine. Thanks in advance!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.