Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope some one can please help me
We have 2003 office XP pro edition on our church PC. Has been running great until recently. We only use word, excel, and powerpoint. Word, and Excel run fine, but powerpoint won't open. I tried reinstalling it, but same problem occurs. When MS office programs open, I noticed the little windows install box opens first. Word, excel then opens, ppt does not. If I go into safe mode, and open ppt as an administrator, it opens. Am I missing some installer files? or something else? Corupted files on disk? I tried every fix I could find on MS website...

·
Trusted Advisor
17,571 Posts
Try right clicking the icon , entry in the start menu or the exe file and select "Run As Administrator" and see what happens!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Figured out how to run as an Administrator. Sure seems to me that the problem has to do with Permissions. There are two accounts, 1 is the administrator acct. the other is the owner acct. In Safe mode, the ADMIN acct. works fine. But the OWNER acct. does not.

·
Trusted Advisor
17,571 Posts
Sounds like the "Owner" account has been set as "Standard" or Limited" depending on what OS you are running.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.