Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Office 2000 Pro has started to give me error messages that result in Office closing down. I re-installed Office successfully. Now when I open an Office program I get the MS Office message "Msoffice has caused an error in SHELL32.DLL Msoffice will now close." The only icons on the desktop which alter are the group in the Office shortcut bar,which disappears. I am using Windows ME.
What can I do?
John.

·
Registered
793 Posts
joflaherty,

Your post did not land in a forum where you will get the fastest help. I will ask a Moderator to move it to the Business Applications forum.

Shell32.dll is the source of many of the common icons found throughout the Windows operating system. You might mention specifics like what version you are using when you get moved to the BA forum as well as if other icons appear normal or not. My thought is that the file is corrupt, but I'm not an expert on MS Office apps.

mole

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.