Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have done the required tasks to import my OE address book into Outlook. The final importing shows it scanning all the names and then it finds no contacts.

I work from home and need to email all day so have no time for this nuisance. Please help!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In the program itself over on the folder list, "contacts" is listed just below "calendar." Everyone of my contacts is listed in there.
but when I go to send mail and add a contact there is no one showing after I click on the To: when the address book opens.

Found what might be the problem so just need a way to work around this. I imported my address book from outlook express as it said too but just noted that is said Outlook express 4x-5. and I have 6x so guessing this might be the reason.:confused:

Have Outlook 10.68xx

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Right click on the Contacts folder and select Properties.
Go to the Outlook Address Book tab and check the Show this folder an an e-mail Address Book box and click OK.

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
i export the wab to a floppy, then import where needed in oe/outlook address book.

contacts and address book are similiar but not the same in outlook.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
already had tried the properties. that box is grey'd out because nothing available no doubt.
I have my addresses is csv and wab. If I try to import into outlook if does not let me take the wab (OE) file but I can take the csv file but it ask me what folder to put it in- one of the mail folders. well, one of the folders is contacts so I dont need it there. I need it to say it will import into my address book. I have no address book in outlook. something is missing. I have a windows address book, it is same as my contacts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Are your email addresses already showing in the Outlook Contacts folder?

In Outlook, go to Tools > E-mail Accounts > Add a new directory or address book > Additional Address Books > Outlook Address Book.
Click Next, then OK.

If the Contacts folder already has your complete address list, skip these steps. Otherwise...
In Outlook, go to File > Import and Export > Import from another program or file > Comma Separated Values (windows)
Browse to your CSV file and select Do not import duplicate items.
Highlight the Contacts folder and click Next, then Finish.

In Outlook's Folder List, right click on the Contacts folder and select Properties.
Go to the Outlook Address Book tab and check the Show this folder an an e-mail Address Book box and click OK.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.