Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I put it down for like a year but now am getting back into it. Problem is lately the game is getting tons of low rez pixels swimming around overtop the game visuals. Today it froze while working fine out in the open, then just bam gone PC wouldn't respond and locked up, PC's not too hot or showing any problems and in fact I just recently reinstalled windows XP Pro so it's not like their is a ton of stuff their. So it's like seeing a bit of weird snow come and go at certain areas. It makes the game almost unbearable, I went to get OBLIVION PATCH v1.2.0416 to see what that may do but I'm kind of hesitant. I'm more of a systems admin than a programmer so I am wondering is snow almost always the case of scratched or damaged disc or can it be xml, ini, or other instruct files possibly?

If that is the case can I save my systems saves and buy the PC "Game of the Year edition" and just throw out my bad disc?

Or is their a way on "direct2drive" or some other site to get an ISO or such of the game and save an image as well as the directories of the game to play it?

It's annoying and I put the game down because I became a vampire and got annoyed, now slowly I'm almost not one and want to keep playing but with all the snow it's not much fun.

Any help is much appreciated, thanks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.