Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 20 of 163 Posts

·
Always remembered in our hearts
82,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking today about how everyone wants their rights protected...doesn't want to be discriminated against...seems those who are obese or overweight are forgotten...:( I get tired of hearing overweight/obese human beings called nasty names because they are large! :mad: They deserve respect just as much as anyone else does! I don't know of any obese people personally who are purposely that way...so why should they have to suffer insults from others and just be expected to take it! :mad: To an obese person...being called a demeaning name is just as discrimanatory as any person of color having a racial slur used against them! Their rights are protected....why not the same for those who are obese/overweight?

·
Registered
13,668 Posts
You're right Marlene some people are just plain rude. Anyone that doesn't fit their mold is different and subject to being taunted. :down:

Some people just were not beaten enough as kids to knock a little common sense into the thick heads. (just kidding)

·
Registered
9,520 Posts
I am not saying that it is correct to insult obese people... it is totally wrong... however, my feeling is that people feel that obese people are responsible for their condition whereas colored, crippled or otherwise different people are not...

Now, don't go crucifying me for saying that... I did say that it was wrong... however it is just my explanation for the situation... and that is all... and I do wish that it would stop...

·
82,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ray said:
however, my feeling is that people feel that obese people are responsible for their condition whereas colored, crippled or otherwise different people are not...
Hmmm....race is genetic....and there are findings that some people may be genetically predisposed to obesity...soooo....doesn't cut it for me Ray! ;) And people can feel any way they want to....anyone can find an excuse to validify insulting another...what a wonderful way out of being a decent human being...

·
82,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Littlefield said:
If they are fat they are fat . You are not saying we cannot call someone fat are you ?
No...I'm talking about calling overweight/obese people names....as an example...my neighbor just called his wife a "flipping whale" in front of everyone....:mad:...you know very well I'm talking insults!

·
82,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm a nurse! ;)

·
82,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dave said:
You're right Marlene some people are just plain rude. Anyone that doesn't fit their mold is different and subject to being taunted.
Around here...so called adults...like my neighbor...set a really fine example for their children by using such deragatory terms around them...then we see how the apples don't fall far from the trees...when they grow up to do the very same! :down: Not only has this man taught his young son that overweight people can be referred to as "whales"...he has also taught him the lovely "eff" word...:mad: :down:

·
Registered
12,131 Posts
Littlefield said:
If you think saying it is wrong to say someone is fat, I think that is crazy and is way too politically correct.
You're not fat are you wimpy ? :D
I could be considered that but I'm not an idiot like some folks that post here. ;) I'm also very light on my feet and would surprise you very quickly. :D
I can tell you that many a person got their lights turned off for calling me names. They also rethought their practice of teasing me because I stuttered a lot when I was a kid and never did it more than once.
If you for one minute think it's ok to call someone fat then you have lost all measure of what respect I may have had for you. It's childish behavior that would be corrected with a damn good spanking if it were mine I can tell you that and if it were an adult... have a nice sleep.:eek:

·
Registered
51,023 Posts
angelize56 said:
Hmmm....race is genetic....and there are findings that some people may be genetically predisposed to obesity.
That doesn't mean they have no choice. No one has to be obese if they don't want to--everyone who is obese makes that choice by eating to much and not exercising enough. Now--I'm not saying its an easy choice to lose weight, but it is a choice. You cannot choose to be black or white or a different race.

·
Registered
12,427 Posts
Wimpy369 said:
:rolleyes:
As long as people think it's ok to call someone with a low IQ stupid or an idiot I guess anything goes 'eh?
As long as they don't call them lawyers...or worse yet.....car salesmen.
;)

·
Registered
12,427 Posts

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
Shamou said:
I am not saying that it is correct to insult obese people... it is totally wrong... however, my feeling is that people feel that obese people are responsible for their condition whereas colored, crippled or otherwise different people are not...

So I get a pass for being brown as bean , but fatso's don't ?? ;)
:D >f

·
Registered
12,427 Posts
Fidelista said:
So I get a pass for being brown as bean , but fatso's don't ?? ;)
:D >f
Well we also give you a pass for being an idiot.
:D ;)

(Joking joking)

1 - 20 of 163 Posts