Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys..

I am having a problem with my newly installed Gigabyte s-series motherboard which has the Nvidia nForce 430 included.

It would appear I cannot for what ever reason now use my wireless network adaptor, this is a belkin wireless G adaptor USB.

I have uninstalled and re installed the adaptor and all the software and used it with and without it the software, it will connect to the router... however it will not connect to the internet??

I have a laptop also and this is working fine, so I know that its not the router and must be the machine.

I have have disabled all firewalls etc and still it will not connect the internet, I am running Windows XP.

I have disabled the NVIDIA nForce networking controller from the device manager, however still it will only connect to the router and not the internet.

I would really appreciate some advice on how to resolve this!

Thanks,

Dan

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Start>Run>cmd>Ping www.google.com
Post results:

What router are using..Most likely the router ip is 192.168.1.1
User name is admin and password is admin also.
Go to status and see if you have an internet ip.
These are all guesses beacuse I do not know for sure what router you have.

Do you have any other computer connected to the router that are having issues or not having issues?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CMD... ping www.google.co.uk = Please check the name and try again.

The router is 192.168.2.1 - this is all working fine and connected to internet. (I have a laptop I am currently on connected to the router and on the internet now).

Its a belkin G router, although I think this is working fine, I did reset all the setttings and used another channel, and still the desktop will connect but won't access the internet, its almost like there is somthing stopping it?

Thanks ,

Dan

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Do you have any of these symptoms? (I am assuming no, but worth a try)
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811259/

Make sure that your DNS is auto obtain, and you shouldn't need to mess with the IP address beacuse you can connect to the router. Go Start>Control Panel> Network Connections> Double Click On The Network Connection You Are Using> Click Properties> On The General Tab You Should Have A List> Click Internet Protocol (Tcp/IP) or Internet Protocol (Tcp/IPv4). Once in that menu make sure that auto obtain on the DNS server section is checked, then ok out.

Try this also, moving the network adapter that you are trying to use to the top of the list. http://www.windowsreference.com/windows-2000/change-network-adapter-priority-in-xp2000/

Also, can we get an Ipconfig /all..

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

I know there is a lot of things in this post...sorry.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.