Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I posted this same problem a long time ago but I'm going to try againto see if anyone can shed some light on it!

I have a Nvidia FX5200 that works fine for general internet use and basically everything else except 3D games and Quicktime Movies. When playing games I get a load of funky colours on the screen, usually greens or blues (but it depends on the game). Sometimes, for a little while it would be fine and then it would go back to being funky!

When playing quicktime movies the screen just goes totally green. The audio is fine but I can't see a thing.

I'm running XP, AMD Athlon 2000+ 1.24ghz and 384mg ram.

Thanks in advance

· Registered
13,465 Posts
I dont know i think its your card, i had a Chaintech FX5200-128, it played 3D games ie D3, UT2004, COD etc. just fine at lower settings, the card was only $50, my daughter using on her pc now just fine. Just loaded drivers that came on the CD

· Registered
739 Posts
Alright. im goingto giveyou aist of things to do,if they absolutely dont help, contact Chaintech and speak with them.

First, Check and make sure its running at AGP 8x... most Pc's by default run at 4x...
Check resolution on monitor.
Check the settings IN GAME
try playing your game at 800x600... some online games thats what they run at ( dumb)
then check drivers and updates
Make sure card is in good shape.
anything i didnt thinkof..

If you REALLY can figure it out email me @ [email protected]

and i will help you more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.