Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are trying to reinstall/restore Windows ME on a 7 yr old computer but don't have the original graphics card in it, the driver isn't there, so can't get past the licience agreement page. The card is nvida model NV19PL REV1.0. I can't access the install file for the driver put on CD in safe mode. I'm wondering if anyone has this card and driver file. If so, could you past the contents of the file here so I can print it out, then maybe I could create a text file in safe mode, put this to put in the correct folder as long as I know which folder to put it in and what to name the file, including proper extension. Please????

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The problem is, the computer isn't up and running to get in online because I can't get past the liciense agreement screen because it isn't the graphics card that came with the computer. I even went into the cab file and entered the product key under [setup], typed in [setup]
ProductKey="" but it still won't work or get past that screen. Because the graphics are wrong, the little Windows guy is blocking the box to accept the license agreement.

·
Premium Member
52,926 Posts
So you're not able to scroll or use the TAB key to move to the boxes you need too? You should be able to use TAB, Space, and Enter(somewhat blindly) to accept the license and type in the key.

If you can't log into Windows other then in Safe Mode, which usually doesn't work if you haven't enter the Windows license, then you're going to have a problem resolving this. CD's and USB drives don't work in Windows ME under Safe Mode to get the correct drivers onto the system.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.