Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NVCPL-DLL Error "Process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process."
I started getting this error message whenever I boot my computer up. It doesn't seem to cause any problems, but I'm wondering what's causing it? Any thoughts?

·
Banned
2,664 Posts
try --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Go to Start > Run > Msconfig > Startup tab, and just uncheck the line

NvCplDaemon = RUNDLL32.EXE c:\windows\SYSTEM\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup

·
Registered
2 Posts
PhilmPhalm said:
NVCPL-DLL Error "Process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process."
I started getting this error message whenever I boot my computer up. It doesn't seem to cause any problems, but I'm wondering what's causing it? Any thoughts?
I'd be interested in knowing what might cause this as well, since it happened to me when I booted up my computer this morning. I have not tried it again to see if it repeats

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'd be interested in knowing as well. I'm having trouble with three .dll errors. NvCpl.dll, NvMcTry.dll, and nvsvc.dll. I followed the suggestions on this forum to fix...I went to start>run>msconfig>startup tab and I unchecked the three itens that showed rundll and now when I boot those three errors are gone. Will this hurt anything? Is this ok to do? Also, I'm using Windows Vista.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you! I did a driver update but still was receiving the errors during booting up. I'd have to close three boxes one for each error. I went into the "msconfig" and unchecked the three boxes associated with this error.......

I'm using a Viewsonic Monitor and I used the disc provided by them to install the software, but notice in their instructions the directions for manual driver install is for XP - so i did an internet search and it said the drivers were found and installed successfully, but I'm still receiving the rundll errors.

thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.