Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where does a person learn MS access. I have the book that comes with the program but 75% of what I want to do is not in there. I learnt the basics of the program from the book only. Every time I need to know something a little advanced I have to come to this web site.
Anyway I have another question. I have a database called "Petty Cash" with about a 10 records in it and I would like to show all the records in a report, even null value fields or zero fields. For example one of my records is "gas" the child fields are (I think that is the right terminology) "Amount", "Tax" & "Total" but they do not have any values for this month so they do not appear in my report. Also if I have a caluclation in some fields and if the value is zero it does not show any thing, cant I make it show zero dollars by default?

thanx again memebers.

·
Registered
21,334 Posts
You need to do a "build" on the text area you want to display conditionally, you have to manually enter the formula. Right click the field you want to format and select properties. On the Data tab right click the Control Source and select Build. Enter the formula in there.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry, I tried it again to tell you what comes up and it worked this time, I must of been doing something wrong before. But how do I keep my formula "=Sum([gross]-([gross])/1.07)" there as well.

Thans very much

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.