Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone again, I posted a few hours ago with this problem and I cant believe no one out there in this wonderful techy forum knows how to fix this. Here is the problem again.
I have this NTLDR is compressed phrase and wont boot to windows. I have read every thing I could to find out to fix this but to no avail. I do not have a full copy of XP. Just the recovery cds. I do however have a older copy of xp from a computer I bought 4 years ago. I do not have a floppy drive. I do have a usb flash drive. I put 3 files on the flash drive.(boot.ini, NTDETECT and one other NT file. I wasnt sure I could use files from an older version of xp for boot purposes or not. I went into my bios and made the usb storage stick the 1st to boot and removable device 2nd and cdrom 3rd. I dont think it worked booting from the flash drive. I tried using the tablet pc recovery cds and trying reinstall with backup. Still compressed. I tried using the older xp cd recovery and it says setup cannot detect any hard drives installed. I can however use the flash drive in combination with the older xp cd and I can get to the c prompt. I have done fixmbr, fixboot, chkdsk. still compressed.I cannot get into safemode. My bios is detecting my hard drive. CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE!!! Also when at c prompt I have done the

cd \
attrib -c ntldr
exit

Does not work either.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.