Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to get a new CanoScan N670U (scanner) to work. I've loaded the software for the scanner with no problem; the driver for the scanner probably works fine. But the "device loader" appears botched. When I go into Device Manager and look at the Device Status, I get this message:

[First I am told the driver for the scanner is already present, but it has a problem.] That's nice. Then I get:

"The NKTERN.VXD device loader(s) for this device could not load the device driver. (Code 2)"

When I try to "update" or "fix" it, the damn thing tells me to put in my Windows 98 SE disc, which I do, and then it searches and says it can't locate a bunch of files with a ".cat" suffix. Basically, it just sends me in a circle and a tech support worker at Canon was no help.

I even went to a site and downloaded the NKTERN.VXD driver onto my desktop, thinking the PC would know what to do with it. Nothing. Now the NKTERN.VXD icon is just camping on my desktop.

Can somebody please tell me where to go or how to fix this NTKERN.VXD problem? I just want the scanner to work!!

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dear BrianF,

Silly me. It is NTKERN.VXD. Thanks for the info. I will try to extract as you instructed when I get to my PC at home. I will let you know if this succeeds. Thanks and take care.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.